- Written by a practicing Bridge Engineer, the software helps the designer efficiently review option and quickly design and detail slab bridges from 1 simple span up to 9 continuous spans. Spans can range from 10 feet to 90 feet.
- Variable depth slabs are achieved by thickening a continuous slab at interior support locations. This creates a more efficient structural system and therefore improved economics. V Slab makes the difficulties associated with variable depth slab analysis and design easy.
- To an experienced designer, V Slab will be intuitive. Being both easy to learn and use, it cuts design time to minutes. Reduced time means improved project budgets. The production oriented output makes detailing simple, and provides sufficient information to verify results.
- Up to 10 special vehicles, with up to 12 axles each, can be entered with or without standard lane loading.
- The program guides the user through the superstructure design with a two bar pattern. The program completes bar cut locations and spacing checks. Bar selections are graphical and interactive, allowing the designer to adjust sizes and spacing to meet their requirements. Splice bars can be added to improve economics.
- Substructure design includes wall and cap types. A pile spacing is selected and pile loads are immediately presented. Cap flexural and shear reinforcing is calculated by the program. The user can enter customized design parameters or use calculated values.
V Slab - Variable Depth Slab Bridge Design is a structural analysis and design software package developed for reinforced concrete flat or haunched slab bridges under the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 5th Edition.
HL93 Inventory/Operating and special vehicle LRFR load ratings are available using the AASHTO Manual for Bridge Evaluation. V Slab was written with the designer in mind:
Variable Depth Slab Bridge
Copyright © KJH Consulting, LLC
Version 3.0.1 Is Now Available!
NOW WITH GRAPHICAL REINFORCING BAR LAYOUT, SPECIAL LOADING FEATURES/COMBINATIONS, AND (LRFR) LOAD RATING